Re: Accepted mythtv 0.25-dmo2 (source all i386)

Author: Stephan Seitz
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Accepted mythtv 0.25-dmo2 (source all i386)
Hi Christian!

First let me thank you for your great work and your multimedia repo! It
is much appreciated.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 08:47:29AM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> mythtv (0.25-dmo2) unstable; urgency=low
> * Replaces --logfile by --logpath in mythtv-backend init script.

I think here is an error in the init script. Your new syntax looks like
„--logpath /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log”. Now I see that nothing is
logged anymore.
Typing „mythbackend --help” I get the following information:
--logpath Writes logging messages to a file in the directory logpath
with filenames in the format: applicationName.date.pid.log.

If I change your line to „--logpath /var/log/mythtv”, the backend is
logging again, but the filename isn’t mythbackend.log anymore (see the
help text above), which breaks logrotate. In fact I don’t know how to
change the logrotate configuration to cope with the new logfile names.

What would you think of logging through syslog? It could make things
easier.

Shade and sweet water!

    Stephan

--