Mplayer and vaapi support

Author: spoilt.exile
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Mplayer and vaapi support
Hi.

Recently VLC starts work fine with vaapi, and I'm wondering if there is
support of vaapi in mplayer/mplayer2. Google told me command line
parameters to enable vaapi playing in mplayer:

mplayer -vo vaapi:gl -va vaapi example.file

I've tried to execute this command but mplayer answer supriced me:

Unknown option on the command line: -va
Error parsing option on the command line: -va

Also I've tried with mplayer2 with same results. In both cases it were
players from deb-multimedia.org. Is those packages compiled with vaapi
support or not? If yes, then why it's failing?

Packages:
mplayer2 1:2.0~git20120430-dmo1
mplayer 3:1.0~rc4+svn20120430-dmo1

Tested with i386 and amd64 arch with same results.

--
Best regards,
Stanislav Nepochatov