Re: Problems installing mythtv-database

Author: Tom Furie
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Problems installing mythtv-database
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 09:09:55AM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:

> Could you try to remove the mythvideo package ?

No change with mythvideo removed. I also removed mythnetvision,
mythmusic and mythnews (and related dependencies that aren't depended
upon by other packages) afterwards since they're rarely used. Still no
change.

What do you suggest next? Could it be some problem with the encoding
of the password that the install scripts are passing? Perhaps the fact
that mysql is bound to the IP address of eth0 (though I doubt that as
I can connect to all of localhost, hostname, and FQDN)?

What is it about the mythvideo package that you thought the removal
might help?

Cheers,
Tom

--
What scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?
        -- J. D. Farley