Re: Adobre reader with multi-arch support

Author: Brad Rogers
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Adobre reader with multi-arch support
On Sun, 24 Jun 2012 19:39:35 +0200
Christian Marillat <marillat@???> wrote:

Hello Christian,

>I uploaded Adobre Reader 9.5.1-dmo6 to unstable with multi-arch
>support. Now you can install acroread i386 packages under an amd64.

I'm slightly confused by talk of multi-arch, but to get acroread on
amd64, this now required, yes? I ask because doing that means bringing
in approx 45MB of other stuff, too. Plus, acroread is marked as
local/obsolete in 'testing' now. It also means (it seems to me) running
32 bit software on a 64 bit OS. Something I'm rather keen to avoid if
at all possible.

--
 Regards  _
I hope I live to relive the days gone by