Re: mozilla-acroread on amd64

Author: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
To: Lennart Sorensen
CC: dmo-discussion@deb-multimedia.org
Subject: Re: mozilla-acroread on amd64
On Aug 23, 2012, at 6:41 PM, "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense@???> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 08:53:42AM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>> No, because packages in Recommends are automatically installed.
>>
>> Otherwise nspluginwrapper isn't installable because he depends on
>> ia32-libs-gtk who depends on ia32-libs-gtk-i386 who is missing in Debian.
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/sid/ia32-libs-gtk
>
> Oh that problem. I wonder if anyone is doing anything to fix that.

Well, one of the main motivations for Multi-Arch was to get rid of the clunky ia32-libs package.

If nspluginweapper depends on ia32-libs, directly or indirectly, you won't be able to use it anyway in the future, since ia32-libs and the associated other ia32 packages will probably be removed with Debian Jessie (8.0).

Honestly, just use a different PDF plugin. Acrobat Reader on Linux is dead, more or less, anyway.

Adrian