Re: glitch in upgrade myth to 0.25.2-dmo2

Author: Dominique Dumont
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: glitch in upgrade myth to 0.25.2-dmo2
Note that I don't use MythTV, so take this reply with a grain of salt.

On Wednesday 05 September 2012 07:04:10 Ross Boylan wrote:
> Failed to connect to database: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
> (using password: YES) at -e line 5, <> line 1. dpkg: error processing
> mythtv-database (--configure):
> subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status
> 255

This is a problem with the root user on mysql. Probably a wrong password.

> I did fiddle around with account names and passwords, although my notes
> do not show any indication that I rejected the default "root" response
> earlier.

I guess you checked your system's account and password. In the case above, the
failure occurs with the root account configured *in* mysql, which is unrelated
to your system's root account. IIRC, mysql's root password is setup during
mysql installation.

HTH

--
https://github.com/dod38fr/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/