Re: mythtranscode

Author: Stephan Seitz
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: mythtranscode
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 09:51:38PM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
>I'll start to package 0.26.0 fixes after the end of this world, normally
>after tomorrow :)

Thanks for your work, but I have a question about the logrotate script.
It belongs to the package mythlogserver and contains the lines:

         postrotate
                killall -HUP mythlogserver
         endscript
         su mythtv mythtv

Why? The backend is logging via syslog. Do we need to send a HUP to the
mythlogserver? If I understand the su line the signal is sent as mythtv
user. This doesn’t work (at least in my case) for the frontend. It is
running as another user, so I get error messages from cron. Besides that
my frontend is using syslog as well. I have commented the three
postrotate lines on the frontend and don’t see any problems.

Shade and sweet water!

    Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@??? |