Re: mythfrontend logging

Author: Ross Boylan
To: dmo-discussion
CC: ross
Subject: Re: mythfrontend logging
On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 10:21 -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
> It appears the menu entries for mythfrontend do not have any logging
> options. I think that's why I have no logs from the frontend.
>
> Is the omission of logging deliberate?
>
> Ross

Christian replied:
> It's the default. Logs data are sent to the mythlogserver daemon. This
> daemon is running ?

Yes, under my personal UID (as is mythfrontend).

> Do you have some files in /var/log/mythtv ?

Yes, but they are old, 0 byte files (from Nov 19). There are lots of
them, apparently 1 for each program.

The frontend system has no other myth stuff running that I know of; the
backend isn't even installed on it. It's running Debian testing.

Ross

P.S. For some reason your reply email did not reach me; I noticed it
while viewing the list through the web archive. Likely the problem is
at my end.