ipv6 errors on ftp addresses

Author: Attila Nagy
To: “dmo-discussion@deb-multimedia.org”
Subject: ipv6 errors on ftp addresses
Hello,

I just noticed today, that there are some issues with the ipv6
connectivity of ftp.deb-multimedia.org

When trying to install packages I get this error:
E: Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp.deb-multimedia.org/pool/main/liba/libass-dmo/libass5_0.13.2-dmo1_i386.deb
The server refused the connection and said: Sorry, no server available
to handle request on deb-multimedia.org [IP: 2001:41d0:1:5d68::1 21]

Checking with telnet shows this error:
$ telnet -6 ftp.deb-multimedia.org 21
Trying 2001:41d0:1:5d68::1...
Connected to ftp.deb-multimedia.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
500 Sorry, no server available to handle request on deb-multimedia.org
Connection closed by foreign host.

Workaround: http works well, so I just replaced the the configuration
in sources.list

If this is a permanent thing, it would be better to remove the AAAA
records to ftp.deb-multimedia.org wich would result in a fallback to
ipv4

Please discard my mail if this is already known.

Thans for all the work in this great service!

--

Nagy Attila Gábor