Re: upgrade mythtv 0.27 package

Author: Guillaume Membré
To: dmo-discussion@deb-multimedia.org
Subject: Re: upgrade mythtv 0.27 package
On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 9:49 PM, Guillaume Membré
<guillaume.ml@???> wrote:
>>> Ok, so I tried to build packages myself but the compilation fails.
>>
>> If you really wants your own packages I can help you.
>>
>> Which architecture are you using ?
>>
>> Christian
>>

> Thanks,
>
> $ dpkg --print-architecture
> i386
>
> but I would like to learn how to do it :) I'm sure I'm not that far.

I got it working, I cloned the git repos of mythtv on the 0.27 branch,
I copied the debian folder from the extraction of your source package
and launch fakeroot....
I had to change a little debian/ due to change to the master tree
- removing 06_bug-mythtv-10080.diff and 07_metadata-specials.diff references
- remove the line
usr/share/mythtv/internetcontent/nv_python_libs/vimeo/vimeo_data.pyc
from mythtv-backend.install
- remove the version control check in rules around line 57
I also move my source tree from an XFS volume to ext3 and the qt error
(QFSFileEngine::currentPath: stat(".") failed) disappeared.

Best regards