Re: MythTV logging problem (a stupid mistake of mine?)

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: MythTV logging problem (a stupid mistake of mine?)
On 26 juil. 2016 08:26, jsbien@??? (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:

[...]

> https://www.deb-multimedia.org/lurker/message/20160420.094033.aa9707a3.en.html
>
> I made two attempts to modify /etc/defaults/mythtv-backend:
>
> EXTRA_ARGS="--syslog --loglevel debug --verbose"
>
> and
>
> EXTRA_ARGS="--loglevel debug --verbose --logpath /var/log"
>
> I don't see any effect of these changes.

Because you are missing some options :

From --syslog :

,----
| --syslog                    Set the syslog logging facility.
|                             Set to "none" to disable, defaults to none.

`----

then --syslog local6 should work if local6 isn't used by another service.
See /etc/rsyslog.conf if local6 doesn't work.

From --verbose :

,----
| -v OR --verbose             Specify log filtering. Use '-v help' for level info.

`----

--verbose <level info> is the right option.

> BTW, was is now the recommended way to stop/start/restart the backend?

The backend need to be always restarted if you changes EXTRA_ARGS options.

Christian