Re: PowerPC is now unstable/sid - requested for deb-multimed…

Author: Linux User #330250
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: PowerPC is now unstable/sid - requested for deb-multimedia as well
On 2017-05-25 16:23, Christian Marillat wrote:
> On 25 mai 2017 16:11, Linux User #330250 <linuxuser330250@???> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
> Hi,
>
>> I use deb-multimedia on all of my Debian boxes. I now have reactivated
>> an older Power Mac G4 and maybe I'm going to revive a G5 as well.
>>
>> Since PowerPC is no longer either stable or testing, I would ask for
>> powerpc to be added to unstable aka sid also in deb-multimedia.
> powerpc for unstable is always here. I also provides packages for
> stable/stable-backports/oldstable/oldstable-backports
>
> Christian

Hi!

You're right, it works now - but only because I copied the trusted key
from my amd64 Debian over to the powerpc Debian.

No matter what I did, I could not install the deb-multimedia-keyring.

root@G4QS:/etc/apt# LC_ALL="C" apt update
Hit:1 http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian unstable InRelease
Get:2 http://www.deb-multimedia.org unstable InRelease [22.2 kB]
Err:2 http://www.deb-multimedia.org unstable InRelease
The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key
is not available: NO_PUBKEY 5C808C2B65558117
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://www.deb-multimedia.org unstable InRelease: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
available: NO_PUBKEY 5C808C2B65558117
E: The repository 'http://www.deb-multimedia.org unstable InRelease' is
not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is
therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.

root@G4QS:/etc/apt# LC_ALL="C" apt install deb-multimedia-keyring
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package deb-multimedia-keyring

After I've copied the key manually everything works, including
installing deb-multimedia-keyring. Why now and not before?!?

I'm using a powerpc unstable installation and didn't alter much. I don't
get what went wrong here...

Anyway, thanks for providing powerpc builds!
Linux User #330250