Re: MythTV and mysql vs mariadb

Author: Craig Sanders
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: MythTV and mysql vs mariadb
On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 08:20:36PM +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> On Sa, Aug 05, 2017 at 11:58:20 +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> > My myth box still runs mysql but mysql is rapidly becoming deprecated in
> > debian, so I'd like to know:
> >
> > 1. does mythtv work with mariadb?
>
> Here mythtv is working quite well with mariadb. I’m using Debian Testing.
> I didn’t have any problems switching to mariadb.

thanks, to you and Guillaume Membré for that confirmation.

> If you are still using mysql then the update probelms have nothing to do
> with the database.

Yeah, i know. It's something i've been wondering for a while: if it's safe to
convert to mariadb, or if it's going to cause me half a day of work cleaning
up annoying little incompatibilities. Sounds like it should Just Work without
any dramas. good.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@???>