Re: Package librtmp1 2:2.4~20160119.gitfa8646dae-dmo5

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Package librtmp1 2:2.4~20160119.gitfa8646dae-dmo5
On 11 sept. 2017 16:22, Frederic Dumas <f.dumas@???> wrote:

> Bonjour Christian,

Bonjour Frédéric,

> Hello everybody,
>
> [This is a cross post of an issue which I wrote about in July on mumudvb mailing list. It has better chances to be addressed here than there.]
>

> Might there be a broken package in dmo stable repository ?
>
> On my machine, librtmp1 is proposed to be upgraded from an installed 2.4+20151223.gitfa8646d-1ubuntu0.1 version to 2:2.4~20160119.gitfa8646dae-dmo5
>
> However, the upgrade cannot be completed, because the new version of librtmp1 proposed by dmo depends on libgnutls30 v.3.5.6, which in turn is unavailable from repositories (main, universe, multiverse, backports).
>
> Am I safe using dmo as a source on an Ubuntu machine ?

It's more complex with Ubuntu. The best/easier way is to have a pure
Debian installation.

Maybe with a more recent ubuntu version. libgnutls30 5.3.6 is available
after Ubuntu 17.04

https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libgnutls30

Otherwise the best is to rebuild mumudvb for you installation.

Christian