Re: mythtv-dmo multi-arch (for cross-grade i386->amd64)

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: mythtv-dmo multi-arch (for cross-grade i386->amd64)
On 01 oct. 2017 12:12, Ian Campbell <ijc@???> wrote:

> Hi Christian,

Hi Ian,

> My current mythtv system is i386 but well capable of running amd64 so I
> thought I would start with running and amd64 kernel and switching
> mythtv and its dependencies to amd64.

I moved my machine from i386 to amd64 in July this year. I did several
try (4 or 5) to "Crossgrading" my machine like this one
https://wiki.debian.org/CrossGrading and never been able to do the
migration.

I finally did my migration from an amd64 debootsrtap directory.

I'm sorry I've not bookmarked the page where I've found the guide.

If I remember correctly I spend one day to restart my machine and one or
two weeks to have a clean machine, but a lot of packages are installed.

,----
| $ dpkg -l| wc -l
| 3359

`----