Re: mythtv frontend freezing

Author: Nikolai Lusan
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: mythtv frontend freezing
Greetings,

On Sat, 2018-03-17 at 08:45 +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> So I am running mythtv 29.1 from DMO. Periodically the frontend freezes
> > when watching live tv. There is nothing in the logs at the time that
> > playback freezes, but the following is in the logs when the frontend
> > starts:
> Your computer is fast enough to play (I think) HD video with opengl ?

It's an AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor overclocked to 4.5Ghz, with no

> Dis you try to use VDPAU or VAAPI (depends on the video card) ?

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti in the machine, I thought I was using
VDPAU, but I will have to check that in a little bit when I can
unencumbered access to do setup checks (people currently using it).

It is also worth noting that this has only started happening in the last
coupe of weeks.

Other info on the machine that may be relevant:

Kernel: ......... 4.15.8
NVIDIA Driver: .. 390.42

Thanks

- --