Re: thetvdb API

Author: Nikolai Lusan
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: thetvdb API
On Mon, 2018-10-29 at 17:10 +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> On 30 oct. 2018 01:25, Nikolai Lusan <nikolai@???> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >     return pickle.loads(bytes(super(DbPickleDict,
> > self).__getitem__(key)))
> > ImportError: No module named ordered_dict

> > I tried installing the ordereddict module from pip (it seems the Debian
> > python-ordereddict package has gone away), I also tried adding extra
> > python
> > packages that showed up with an 'apt-cache search ordereddict' nothing
> > seems to be bringing in the correct python module.
>
> Maybe a bad idea to mixup pip packages with Debian packages.

This I realise. I only resorted to it as out of desperation, and the only
module I installed with pip is the ordereddict module, basically because I
couldn't find a package for it in sid.

> Here is an example, if you have a too old version installed.
>
> https://github.com/urllib3/urllib3/issues/1456

I have also looked at this, _if_ the issue is the version of urllib3
installed I have no way of backing out to a lower version (the current
version being 1.24-1)

So it looks like this is a problem with python not so much ttvdb.py - still
I would like to find a workable solution. I personally don't like python
much, and really have no idea where it stores it's modules or how it names
them - this seems very much like a naming issue to me.

- --
Nikolai Lusan <nikolai@???>