Re: VLC crashes opening .FLV file

Author: Brad Rogers
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: VLC crashes opening .FLV file
On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 04:09:12 +0200
"GaussGas ." <dos.cinque@???> wrote:

Hello GaussGas,

>VLC works fine, no bug with FLV movie
>thanks

You're welcome.

BTW, there's no need to send me a copy privately; I'm subbed to the
list, I will see your messages.

To answer your other question;

>libavcodec56 libavformat56 libavresample2 libavutil54 libpostproc53
>libswresample1 libswscale3
>are not dependencies of VLC
>I launched hastily dist-upgrade, now deb-multimedia is testing.
>no error in log. can I use these packages?

You can carry on using those packages without problem. In a few days,
they'll migrate to testing and your system will be wholly on testing
again.

I often forget I run a mixed system here. Mostly, it's testing, but I
get Iceweasel(1) from experimental. I use apt-pinning to ensure nothing
else gets updated by mistake.

(1) Iceweasel changes quite often and testing is a bit too far behind
sometimes.

--
 Regards  _
It's not your heart, it's your bank I want to break