Re: stable backports mythtv

Author: Lennart Sorensen
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: stable backports mythtv
On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:59:49AM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> On 03 nov. 2014 16:18, "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense@???> wrote:
> > Not sure if my SGI Indigo with a 150MHz R4400 would be any faster. :)
> >
> > Need one of these: http://www.loongson.cn/news_info.php?id=259
> >
> > 6 Cores at 1.2GHz MIPS.
>
> Should be really fast. Do you know if I can buy this dev board ?

No idea. I don't read chinese. Not sure if they just showed it of,
or if it is actually available. The Loongson 3 has been around for a
few years but it seems the only place it is actually really used is a
super computer in China.

It is mentioned on wikipedia here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loongson#Loongson_3 along with the picture
of it, but no more details.

This laptop appears to actually be available:
http://teknohog.godsong.org/hardware/naga/

quad core 900MHz.

http://www.tekmote.nl/Loongson-3A-Notebook seems to sell it. Seems a
bit expensive for what you get, but it is unusual hardware.

--
Len Sorensen