Re: Problem with update.

Author: ralf h
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Problem with update.
Am 23.06.2015 um 16:57 schrieb Γιώργος Κ:

> OKI I've done some pinning. :-)
> I created this etc/apt/preferences:
>
> Package: *
> Pin: origin http://mirror3.mirror.garr.it/
> Pin-Priority: 10
>
> Now some updates were installed (only one nvidia related), but
> Synaptic warned me, that couldn't configure successfully, all the
> installed packages.
> So, I gave as root "aptitude -f install" that uninstalled some
> packages (and the nvidia related one).
> Now everything seems to be OK!

aptitude ftw! :-) Funny enough I'd set the pinning exactly the other way
round: Setting priority 1001 to the packages you want to keep, pinning
by version or origin. Probably these are the packages to work with:

aptitude versions '~i~n.*nvidia.*'

Should be more comfortable to maintain the packages coming from
*garr.it. But anyway, whatever suits you better… ;-)