Re: Segfault configuring mythtv-backend

Author: Nikolai Lusan
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Segfault configuring mythtv-backend
Salutations,

Thanks for the quick response Christian.

On Sat, 2015-09-05 at 08:56 +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > I just had to do a fresh install on a system due to a dead SSD.
> > When
> > trying to add a tuner card to mythtv via mythtv-setup I get the
> > following error - complete with a segfault:
> >
> > mythtv-setup: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libmythtv-0.27.so.0:
> > undefined symbol: hdhomerun_discover_find_devices_custom
> >
> > Is this a deb-multimedia issue? or an upstream issue?
>
> Debian problem. See bug 798069. For now downgrade to 20140604-1 from
> Jessie.

I put the Jessie repositories back in place - can't seem to find that
version of the packages. Might go on an archive hunt and manually
download/install them :)

If you want a hand to roll a temp fix until the maintainer gets to it
let me know. I tend to roll debs for "fun" :)

--
Nikolai Lusan <nikolai@???>