Re: MythTV 0.28

Author: Stephan Sürken
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: MythTV 0.28
Hi Christian,

On Di, 2016-04-12 at 10:34 +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> MythTV 0.28 has been uploaded in unstable.

thx for this!

> Would be nice to have feedbacks before these packages enter testing, so
> I can fix bugs if any.

I did port your package to jessie this weekend, and also did update my
live system with these (!).

Overall, main parts still work ;), no need to roll back yet; still
having a couple of minor problems, most likely not due to the (new)
packaging.

However, some things I noted while testing:

mythtv-frontend (apt-get install mythtv-frontend)
(1) "/etc/mythtv" missing on fresh installs; breaks installing of: mythtv-common mythtv-frontend mythlogserver (->(*1)).
(2) afaiu, mythlogserver should be dropped completely, or be optional.
    See: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlogserver
(3) W/O config: segfault on mythfrontend after initial language setup screen (need to pre-install a working config.xml to get frontents up).

Hope that's of any help,

Thx!