Web Frontend works again (was: [mythtv-users] Web Frontend s…

Author: Janusz S. Bień
To: Ian Cameron
CC: Discussion about MythTV, dmo-discussion
Subject: Web Frontend works again (was: [mythtv-users] Web Frontend stopped working yesterday)

I would not call the problem "solved" because I still don't why it
didn't worked earlier and why it works now :-)

On Sat, Mar 09 2019 at 6:48 +00, Ian Cameron wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 at 06:18, Janusz S. Bień <jsbien@???> wrote:
>
> the Web frontend port 6544 is not open at all,
>
> an attempt to connect to the open port 6543 takes forever.
>
> Strange.
>
> Some of these may seem obvious, but off the top of my head, I would:
>
> Check IP and port number configurations in mythtv-setup - stop the
> back-end first and start again after running mythtv-setup using
> systemctl.

I understood mythtv-setup stops and restarts the backend and I relied on
it. Looks like restarting it with systemctl helped.

> Check that only one instance of the back-end is running at a given time via ps -ef output information.
> Check that nothing else is using port 6544 via netstat -anp output information.
> Enable logging on the back-end and start looking through the logs generated to see if the cause of the problem can be found there.

I will store your suggestions in case the problem reappear in the
future.

Thank you very much for your help.

Janusz

P.S. A comment to James Linder: I made a mental shortcut and you
misunderstood me. The modem used temporarily by me doesn't allow to
control IPs assigned to the local network, so the IP of my computer
changes from time to time, e.g. after rebooting.

--
             ,
Janusz S. Bien