Re: the ffmpeg libavformat54/libavformat56 conflicts with li…

Author: PICCORO McKAY Lenz
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: the ffmpeg libavformat54/libavformat56 conflicts with libavformat53
El jue., 23 de may. de 2019 a la(s) 13:19, Christian Marillat
(marillat@???) escribió:
> I don't remember, the changelog entry is 8 years old. But probably to not be
> bothered by Debian packages.
>
> ,----
> | ffmpeg-dmo (5:0.8.4-0.0) unstable; urgency=low
> | * New upstream release.
> | * Add a Conflicts for all libav*extra* packages.
> | * Remove 03_libswscale-crash patch included upstream.

i see that entry log, taking in consideration naming schemes of the
packages respect the mayor soname libs, those conflicts are nonsense,
but still are here for years.. why nobody reports thos nonsense
conflicts?

also you marillat doues used your own packages that do not take this
before? seems now that i migrated two of my debians, see that a) from
squeeze to wheeze cannot use your ffmpeg package in any case, b)
migration from wheeze to jessie canot make automatically due ancient
conflicts

in conclusion I RECOMENDED TO PUT PLESASE PUT MORE DETAILS IN YOUR
LOGS CHANGELOG TO AVOID THOSE PROBLEMS.. due i'm now in a hurry due my
hardware does not work well with jessie and i must use wheeze..

FFMPEG 2.8 to 2.4 (jessie marillat) VS FFMPEG-LIBAV (jessie debian)
libavutil      54. X.Y        vs      54.X.Y
libavcodec     56. X.Y     vs     56.X.Y
libavformat    56.X.Y     vs     56.X.Y
libavdevice    56.X.Y     vs     56.X.Y
libavfilter     5.X.Y       vs         5.X.Y
libavresample   2.X.Y   vs    2.X.Y
libswscale      3.X.Y       vs    3.X.Y
libswresample   1.X.Y    vs    NONE
libpostproc    53.X.Y       vs     NONE

FFMPEG 1.2 to 1.1 (wheeze marillat/backports)  VS  LIBAV (wheeze
debian/ wheeze backports)
libavutil      52. X.Y  ( 51.X.Y in 1.0)      vs 51.X.Y / 53
libavcodec     54. X.Y                             vs 53.X.Y / 55
libavformat    54. X.Y                             vs 53.X.Y / 55
libavdevice    54. X.Y                              vs 53.X.Y / 54
libavfilter      3. X.Y                                 vs  NONE
libavresample   1. X.Y ( 0.X.Y in 1.0)   vs NONE / 1.X.Y
libswscale      2. X.Y                             vs 2.X.Y
libswresample   0. X.Y                       vs  NONE
libpostproc    52. X.Y                          vs NONE