Acroread status

Author: Intense Red
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Acroread status
I use the deb-multimedia archive for a few items not packaged in Debian.
Originally this was for some DVD software that Debian didn't package due to
copyright issues.

Since that time I've come to use deb-multimedia for some other packages,
including that disgusting Adobe Acroread tool. A few PDFs I had to use
*required* Acroread so when I ran into such an odd one, I'd install Acroread.
Acroread had this annoying "bug" where it'd conflict with some packages so I'd
uninstall it after using it to access a PDF. IMO that bug was not a bug, it
was a feature because I actually didn't want that software on my computer.

I heard there was some controversy about acroread but frankly, I didn't pay
attention to it.

I've since run across a PDF that will need acroread but noticed it's no
longer in the archive. Can someone clue me in on what its status is? TIA.

--
"With software there are only two possibilities: either the users control the
program or the program controls the users. If the program controls the users,