Re: MythTV 31 in experimental

Author: Stephan Seitz
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: MythTV 31 in experimental
On Do, Feb 27, 2020 at 16:59:06 +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
>Maybe a bad idea to test with your main MythTV machine.

That’s what backups were invented for. ;-)

So, I finished the upgrade. There was one problem: python3-mythtv doesn’t
replace python-mythtv, so the upgrade failed because there were filename
collisions. I had to remove python-mythtv manually, then everything
worked fined.

The init script of mythtv-backend is now setting „--syslog local7”, but
since I already have „--syslog local6” in /etc/default/mythtv-backend
I deleted the new option.

After the start of the backend the database was successfully upgraded.
Mythweb is working without problems.

But mythtv-status is not. It seems the Perl API doesn’t support this
database schema:
Failed to load Perl API
Database schema 1361 not supported.
Bindings support schema version 1360

The frontend doesn’t have any problems. I could watch recorded shows and
the recording schedule is complete.

Live TV is working for the DVB-S2 tuners, but the backup DVB-C card is
not working anymore. This is a DVB-C/T/T2 combi card. I used the setup to
switch the delivery system of the card to DVB-C (new feature in 31), but
it doesn’t work for now:

mythbackend[108092]: E TVRecEvent dtvmultiplex.cpp:263 (ParseDVB_C)
DTVMux: Unsupported DVB-C modulation system parameter ‚DVB-T’, aborting.

mythbackend[108092]: E TVRecEvent recorders/dtvchannel.cpp:289
(SetChannelByString) DTVChan[15](/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0):
SetChannelByString(318): Failed to initialize multiplex options

I will ask the mythtv mailing list.

Thank you for your great work, Christian!

Shade and sweet water!

    Stephan

--
|    If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.    |