Re: MythTV 0.25 beta

Author: Lennart Sorensen
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: MythTV 0.25 beta
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 08:34:31AM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> I'll do as before for 0.24.
>
> 0.25 Packages are already in unstable and should move in testing in 3
> days.
>
> http://www.debian-multimedia.org/update_testing.txt
>
> When these packages will be in testing, I'll wait 2/3 days for bug
> report and then do backports.
>
> But as mythtv only works with php >= 5.4 I'll upload 0.25 in
> stable-backports to not overwrite 0.24 packages.

No, mythtv's mythweb in 0.25 like 0.24 does NOT work with php 5.4,
only 5.3 and lower. I had to go install the squeeze version of php again
to make it work after upgrading. I had upgraded php to the unstable
version again when I upgrade mythtv, but then I got the same php errors.

The php code hasn't changed in 0.25 to fix this. I think the bug was
reported much to close to the 0.25 release for that to have been fixed.

So the current state is that mythweb/php-mythtv 0.25 does NOT work with
php 5.4 in debian unstable at this time. It does work with squeeze's
php 5.3 though.

Quite likely the patches in http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10504
would fix it, but I didn't try applying those yet.

--
Len Sorensen