Re: Accepted mythtv 0.25-dmo2 (source all i386)

Author: Stephan Seitz
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Accepted mythtv 0.25-dmo2 (source all i386)
On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 05:12:14PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>Yes the second solution is the best but seems to not work.

Well, I am trying the second solution (see my attached file for rsyslog
and logrotate). For now it seems to work. I had to use local6 as syslog
facility because local7 was used by aiccu. For now I use the mythtv user
as logfile owner, but I don’t know if this is necessary with syslog
logging. It doesn’t matter that the backend is running as mythtv anymore
and it will simplify the rsyslog configuration, because you don’t have to
switch users.

Shade and sweet water!

    Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@??? |
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |

$FileOwner mythtv
$FileGroup mythtv
$FileCreateMode 0644

# Specify a log file name format. Ensure one of the following templates is
# uncommented.
# - Use a single log file for all logging from any MythTV application:
#$template mythtvFile,"/var/log/mythtv/mythtv.log"
# - Use a single log file per application:
$template mythtvFile,"/var/log/mythtv/%programname%.log"
# - Use a separate log file per process:
#$template mythtvFile,"/var/log/mythtv/%programname%.%syslogtag:R,ERE,1,ZERO:\[([[:digit:]]{1,})\]--end%.log"

# Send all logging on local7 facility to mythtvFile (filename created according
# to the template specified, above), then discard (so the message is not also
# written to system other log files).
# This should catch any output from MythTV applications, assuming they are
# started with:
# --syslog local7
local6.* ?mythtvFile
& ~

$FileOwner root
$FileGroup adm
$FileCreateMode 0640

/var/log/mythtv/*.log {
        daily
        rotate 7
        notifempty
        delaycompress
    postrotate
      invoke-rc.d mythtv-backend reload > /dev/null
    endscript
    su mythtv mythtv
}