Re: mythtv compatibility between stable, testing, and unstab…

Author: Rob Owens
To: dmo-discussion
New-Topics: Myth .25 stable-- must wait for Wheezy?
Subject: Re: mythtv compatibility between stable, testing, and unstable
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 11:50:36PM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > Rob Owens <rowens@???> writes:
> >
> > > Newer releases of MythTV are often not compatible with older releases,
> > > due to changes in the database structure (I think). Christian, do you
> > > always build the same version of MythTV for stable, testing, and
> > > unstable? In other words: can I have a backend that runs stable, have a
> > > frontend that runs either testing or unstable, and be sure that my
> > > frontend and backend will always be compatible with each other?
> >
> > Yes.

Luckily I haven't updated my testing system -- because stable is
currently on 0.24 and testing is 0.25. I found out about this because
some folks on the debian-user mailing list are having compatibility
problems between their stable backend and unstable frontend.

-Rob