Re: Accepted mythtv 0.25-dmo2 (source all i386)

Author: Stephan Seitz
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Accepted mythtv 0.25-dmo2 (source all i386)
On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 03:40:41PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>> Well, I am trying the second solution (see my attached file for
>> rsyslog and logrotate). For now it seems to work. I had to use local6
>> as syslog facility because local7 was used by aiccu. For now I use the
>How are we sure that local6 isn't used by another package ? I can't find
>any documentation for that.

I don’t know if there is a documentation concerning the use of the local
facilities in Debian packages.

This stupid change in mythtv makes the packaging unnecessarily difficult.
In theory you would have to ask the admin if he wishes logpath or syslog
(or both) and if he chooses syslog which facility.

Or you stick with logpath and change the logrotate snippet to „*.log”, so
that every logfile gets rotated in the end. The admin can reconfigure
mythtv to his own log behaviour after all.

Shade and sweet water!

    Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@??? |