Re: mythtv backup on upgrade

Author: Tilo Werner
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: mythtv backup on upgrade
Hi Ross Boylan,

please consider making backups of your mythtv database, although in your case it
will be for future upgrades to not mess up your database.

There is a backup script that comes with mythtv, have a look at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Use it as part of your backup cycle or as standalone solution on a daily/weekly
basis.

Regards,
Tilo

PS: I managed it to keep my database since nearly 7 years running on different
hardware, distributions and of course mythtv versions.