Re: myth upgrade problems partly solved (informational)

Top Page

Reply to this message
Author: Ross Boylan
To: multimedia
CC: ross
Subject: Re: myth upgrade problems partly solved (informational)
On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 14:17 -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> As previous emails reported, my myth got in a bad state on the upgrade
> from 0.24.2 to 0.25: the backend complained I had an old
> mythvideo.DBSchemaVer and refused to run. My best theory is that this
> was a result of 2 idiosyncratic problems during the original 0.24.2
> install: the system ran out of disk space, and I installed the mythvideo
> plugin during an early attempt but not after the disk full error.
> For the record, I seem to have fixed the problem by
> 1) Removed, but did not purge, all myth 0.25 packages.
> 2) /etc/apt/sources.list point dmo to squeeze (was testing).
> 3) Install myth (now 0.24.2), including mythvideo.
> 4) The backend shut down when it discovered DBSchemaVer was in the
> future(1266). So I connected to mythconverg in mysql and did
> update settings set data=1264 where value='DBSchemaVer';
> 5) Restarted backend. This worked, but did not upgrade the mythvideo
> stuff. After a false start of running mythtv-setup, I started the
> frontend. This asked for permission to upgrade mythvideo stuff, which I
> granted.

5.5) Removed 0.24.2 packages, edited sources.list to get testing from
dmo, installed 0.25 packages. This upgraded the database. Note
mythvideo has been folded into the core packages for 0.25.

Sorry, I left that out.

> 6) mythbacked will now start.

> Still some problems, to be described separately.