Re: Update to mythtv-dmo 0.26.0-dmo2

Author: Stephan Seitz
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Update to mythtv-dmo 0.26.0-dmo2
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 01:23:05PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
>> - /etc/logrotate.d/mythlogserver contains the line „su mythtv mythtv”,
>> but I don’t find any hints in /etc/rsyslog.d/mythtv.conf that the
>> logfiles should have this permission. We are running with syslog now,
>> aren’t we?
>Yes. Fixed.

/etc/logrotate.d/mythlogserver contains the line „olddir
/var/log/mythtv/old”, but this directory doesn’t exist and isn’t created
by logrotate itself. It must probably be part of the debian package.

But why do you want it? And why aren’t the logfiles compressed anymore?

If we are using syslog now, /var/log/mythtv should be „root:adm” with
755, or maybe „root:mythtv” with 755.

    Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@??? |