Re: mythtranscode

Author: Ross Boylan
To: dmo-discussion
CC: ross
Subject: Re: mythtranscode
On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 00:28 +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> jim@??? writes:
>
> > Is it possible to package mythtranscode into a separate package instead of
> > in mythtv-backend? I use the archive feature on a machine that is running
> > the frontend without the backend. I can get everything to work fine
> > provided that I copy mythtranscode onto the frontend machine.
>
> Good idea. I'll add this new package in the next upload. I'll also start
> to package git snapshot from 0.26 fixes branch.
>
> Christian

It would be nice to have a mythtranscode 0.26 that works; some recent
discussion on the myth list suggests the problem that causes to crash
always *may* have been fixed (and may really be with ffmpeg). The
problem is with lossless transcodes AFAIK; that's the only kind I've
used.

I've been copying the 0.25 mythtranscode over the 0.26 one after every
upgrade, which is tedious.

Ross