Re: several mythtv problems

Author: Janusz S. Bien
To: dmo-discussion
New-Topics: why mythlogserver is not available for testing?
Subject: Re: several mythtv problems
Quote/Cytat - Christian Marillat <marillat@???> (Mon 18 Jul 2016
03:23:43 PM CEST):

> On 18 juil. 2016 14:41, jsbien@??? (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to install mythtv 0.28-dmo7 from the scratch on a new
>> computer running Debian testing and I encounter a lot of problems.
>> Looks like I will have to analyse various logs, but according to
>> aptitude mythlogserver it is not available in version 0.28-dmo7. Is this
>> really so?
>>
>> I try to follow /usr/share/doc/mythtv/README.Debian. Is it up to date?
>
> No, should be deleted.
>
> Simply launch mythtv-setup. If an input stream isn't configured you can
> do nothing.

The channels has been scanned without problem. But Program Guide has
only the list of channels and I'm unable to watch TV. The frontend
reports in particular

2016-07-18 15:52:00.133161 I MythCoreContext::ConnectCommandSocket():
Connecting to backend server: ::1:6543 (try 1 of 1)
2016-07-18 15:52:00.149589 E GetEntryAt(-1) failed.
2016-07-18 15:52:00.149595 E It appears that your backend may be
misconfigured. Check your backend logs to determine whether your
inputs, lineups, channels, or storage configuration are reporting
errors. This issue is commonly caused by failing to complete all
setup steps properly. You may wish to review the documentation for
mythtv-setup.
2016-07-18 15:52:00.149644 E EntryToProgram(0@1970-01-01T01:00:00)
failed to get pginfo

So what about logging and mythlogserver?

Regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)