Re: why mythlogserver is not available for testing?

Author: Janusz S. Bien
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: why mythlogserver is not available for testing?
Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Quote/Cytat - Christian Marillat <marillat@???> (Thu 21 Jul 2016
08:58:28 AM CEST):

> On 21 juil. 2016 08:44, jsbien@??? (Janusz S. Bień) wrote:
>
>> I will try to solve my problems with the help of mythtv-users list, but
>> knowing the answer to the question in the subject seems to me a
>> prerequisite for describing my problems, as the question is specific to
>> the very distribution.
>
> You must read 0.28 release notes :
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.28

It's not explicit about mythlogserver.

> And then :
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlogserver
>
> ,----
> | In 0.28, the compile time option --disable-mythlogserver was
> removed and mythlogserver is disabled by default.
> `----

I was familiar with this page, but the meaning of it was not clear for me.

> And the discussion we had here :
>
> https://www.deb-multimedia.org/lurker/message/20160420.094033.aa9707a3.en.html

And that's evidently my fault, I forgot to check the list archives.

Thanks again.

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra
Lingwistyki Formalnej)