hulu not working for a couple of weeks

Author: Ross Boylan
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: hulu not working for a couple of weeks
For the last couple of weeks I've been unable to stream from hulu
using flash on firefox. FF shows the window with the video and
downloads stuff for about 30 seconds, but never plays. I do sometimes
seem some of the preliminary videos identifying the network or the
show.

I talked to hulu yesterday, but wasn't able to resolve the problem.
They suggested trying chrome; I thought because I have chromium and
hulu says "Hulu requires Flash Player 11.xx" when I use it that I
didn't have flash. But the pepper stuff was installed, and I can play
flash videos elsewhere. Adobe's sight says I have Flash 21 installed
when I visit it in chrome. I don't think the chrome stuff is from
deb-multimedia.

Hulu works OK for me with Windows or Mac, BTW.

I have this problem on multiple physical computers, running both
Debian 8.6 and 7.11.

Any ideas?

I think the problems started around the time of the last update to
flashplayer (Dec 13). The changelog lists a lot of security fixes,
but it was also a big bump in the version from 11 to 24.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan