Re: Instructions for adding deb-multimedia-keyring need to b…

Author: shirish शिरीष
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Instructions for adding deb-multimedia-keyring need to be updated i guess, as well as how 4096 bits
at bottom :-

On 05/01/2017, Christian Marillat <marillat@???> wrote:
> On 04 janv. 2017 23:14, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@???> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>
> Hi,
>
> [...]
>
>> Trying to use the instructions as it is doesn't get a user anywhere -
>>
>> [$] sudo aptitude install deb-multimedia-keyring
>
> An apt-get update is needed before an install.
>
> Christian

From what I saw of your instructions, it didn't tell that.

"After you have added the necessary line in /etc/apt/sources.list the
first package to install is deb-multimedia-keyring.

apt-get install deb-multimedia-keyring " - http://deb-multimedia.org/ homepage

But as shared even doing that serves nothing as the repo. gets diabled
due to not have proper public keys

W: GPG error: http://www.deb-multimedia.org stretch InRelease: The
following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY 5C808C2B65558117
E: The repository 'http://www.deb-multimedia.org stretch InRelease' is
not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is
therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user
configuration details.

So it would be nicer if the homepage gave more current/better
information and also give some more info. in the FAQ.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल