Re: mythtv package with multi-arch support

Author: Ian Campbell
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: mythtv package with multi-arch support
On Tue, 2017-10-10 at 15:40 +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Do you want 29+fixes20170927.gited4356116a-dmo4 experimental packages

Thanks. At the moment I have a local tree which I'm iterating on, I
would rebase if you were to release some more but no need to rush to it
on my account.

My next step will be to try and install the mythtv-{front,back}end
packages. For that I expect I'll need to mark some Debian packages
(cron and logrotate I remember seeing earlier) as Multi-Arch: foreign
and on the dmo side I suspect the dependencies on various Python and
Perl packages will need to be annotated as :any (which allows a package
marked as Multi-Arch: allow to satisfy the depends).

BTW, mythtv-common has a dependency on libxml-xpath-perl which I don't
understand -- I can't see XML::Xpath (or any variant) used anywhere in
the source, is it a vestige of some older stuff?.

Ian.