Re: mythtv v34 installation if user 'mythtv' is already crea…

Author: Ian Campbell
To: James Abernathy, dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: mythtv v34 installation if user 'mythtv' is already created?
On Fri, 2024-03-01 at 15:37 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
> So unless something pops up, I'd say the correct solution is to just
> remove the Environment=HOME=/var/lib/mythtv statement.

According to
https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/latest/systemd.exec.html#%24USER

$HOME is set by systemd for any service which declares User=, which
mythtv-backend.service does. (it doesn't actually say so, but I think
it is safe to assume it is set to the path from /etc/passwd...)

So I think removing this explicit setting of $HOME is correct.

Ian.