Handbrake failure (was: Re: ogmrip / mplayer still broken)

Author: Joerg Pietschmann
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Handbrake failure (was: Re: ogmrip / mplayer still broken)
Am 04.03.2014 01:52, schrieb Christian Marillat:
> Did you try handbrake ?

Ok, I have a few DVD structures where handbrake-gtk aborts immediately
after selecting them as source, apparently always with the error
Gtk: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
width -4 and height 27
Ogmrip segfaults on all of them too immediately after selecting
them.
I' running a fairly often updated debian testing.

Should I try the CLI? I haven't had yet time to familiarize myself to
it.

> It's really fast, 120 fps with the High profile (mp4+x264+ac3).

My 6 year old ultra-cheap machine w/o a GPU worth talking of gets barely
20fps, but that's still ok for my purposes.

Regards
J. Pietschmann