Re: Handbrake failure

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Handbrake failure
Joerg Pietschmann <j.deb@???> writes:

> Am 13.03.2014 08:08, schrieb Christian Marillat:
>> > Gtk: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with
>> > width -4 and height 27
>> Could you send me in private a compressed strace log file ?
>
> The problem seems to have disappeared after upgrading to
> 1:0.9.9-dmo9. There are a few other problems still persisting
> for which I have yet to get more information (Preliminary: on
> one structure, handbrake has only track 94 in the selection
> for ripping, which is clearly not the main track; for another
> only 0h33min of the main track is ripped. Vlc and Totem handle
> both structures as expected.)

Yes handbrake seems to do a strange usage of dvdread/dvdnav. In -dmo8
handbrake was linked against dvdread/dvdnav Debian packages and was
unable to open some DVD. With -dmo9 and the build against internal
dvdread/dvdnav handbrake is able to open more DVD but of course
something is broken.

I'll try to do tests with the latest git to see if handbrake is better.

Christian