Re: stable backports mythtv

Author: Mark J. Small
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: stable backports mythtv
On October 25, 2014 05:40:14 PM Christian Marillat wrote:
> On 24 oct. 2014 13:43, "Mark J. Small" <msmall@???> wrote:
> > Hi Christian,
>
> Hi,Mark,
>
> > Thanks for all of the work you put in to your archive.
> >
> > Were you planning on creating mythtv 0.27.4 packages for stable-
> > backports?
> > Do you have a rough idea of a timeline?
>
> For now I don't know. Jessie should be released "soon". If I do
> stable-bacports packages I need to also build unstable packages,
> otherwise you can't install -dmo1 packages over -dmo1+wheezy+bp1. For
> slow arches like mips or mipsel this means at least 2/3 full days of
> compilation...
>
> Christian

Thanks for the honest reply. If I ever get my OTA antenna up, I'll either
roll my own 0.27.4 or use a hosts hack (more likely) to make schedules direct
work after the Nov 1 change. As it is, I've cut the cord so I only use mythtv
for old recordings and DVD watching anyway.

Thanks for all that you do to make multimedia even better on Debian,

Mark