Re: Change mythtv build options

Author: Christian Marillat
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: Change mythtv build options
Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano@???> writes:

> Hello, I am using MythTV from deb-multimedia on a Wheezy system.
>
> But now I need to change the "--dvb-path" build option something like this:
>
> --dvb-path=/usr/src/linux-source-3.2/
>
> How could I do that? It will be great to download the source from
> deb-multimedia, change the build option, create a deb packages and
> install, is this possible?

Yes. Ad a deb-src line in your sources.list like :

deb-src http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy main

then

apt-get update
apt-get source mythtv

Now you have a mythtv-0.25.2 directory with the source code.

Go to mythtv-0.25.2/debian and edit the rules file and add your options
in the ./configure call.

and then 'dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc' in the mythtv-0.25.2 directory.

Otherwise linux header are already in Debian in the linux-libc-dev
package. Current version is 3.2.23-1.

Christian