Re: MythTV 29 uploaded

Author: Craig Sanders
To: dmo-discussion
Subject: Re: MythTV 29 uploaded
On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 12:01:48PM +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> On Di, Aug 01, 2017 at 10:35:46 +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
> > dbcheck.cpp:437 (performActualUpdate) Upgrading to MythTV schema version
> > 1347
>
> I used the source code and upgraded manually to version 1347 from the file
> libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp. Then I tried starting the backend again. It
> upgraded to version 1348 and is running fine now.

would you mind posting the SQL code you used to manually upgrade from 1346 to
1347?

I'm having a look at that code now, and can't see it doing more than the
following yet (but it would be nice to get confirmation beore i run it :)

    INSERT INTO settings (value,data,hostname) VALUES ('MasterServerName',"indra",NULL);
    INSERT INTO settings (value,data,hostname) SELECT 'BackendServerAddr', data, hostname FROM settings WHERE value = 'BackendServerIP';
    UPDATE settings a, settings b
        SET b.data = a.data
        WHERE a.value = 'BackendServerIP6'
        AND b.hostname = a.hostname
        AND b.value = 'BackendServerAddr'
        AND b.data = '127.0.0.1'
        AND a.data != '::1'
        AND a.data is not null
        AND a.data != '';
    UPDATE settings a, settings b, settings c
        SET c.data = a.data
        WHERE a.value = 'MasterServerIP'
        AND b.value = 'MasterServerName'
        AND c.value = 'BackendServerAddr'
        AND c.hostname = b.data;
    DELETE FROM settings WHERE value IN ('WatchTVGuide');

and then:

    DELETE FROM settings WHERE value='DBSchemaVer';
    INSERT INTO settings (value, data, hostname) VALUES ('DBSchemaVer', '1347', NULL);

I'm guessing that the MasterServerName above should be the short, non-FQDN
name, right? "indra", not "indra.taz.net.au".

craig

PS: WTF don't they do this in a script like anyone sane would?

--
craig sanders <cas@???>